Reflections on my newlywed life: my random thoughts on life about: me & my husband, home decor, travels, cooking, baking, weddings, being a Marine Corps spouse & fashion and other things that interest me!


Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Officer Commissioning

My husband was officially commissioned as a 2nd Lieutenant in the United States Marine Corps in the spring of 2011. The ceremony was held at the Minnesota State Capitol in the beautiful rotunda. It was a beautiful spring day and our close family came to participate in the ceremony. It was a very proud day for our family and I. It symbolized all the hard work he had done in order to become a officer in the USMC and all that was ahead of him still. Here are a few pictures of that special day. (from my phone, so not the best quality!)




Later on, in the early fall of 2011, he had the opportunity to do another commissioning ceremony at the University of Minnesota TCF Stadium during half time of the Gophers football game. Two other Marines were at the commissioned ceremony too. It was really neat to see him representing the Marine Corps and even see his face on the BIG screen!








No comments:

Post a Comment