Reflections on my newlywed life: my random thoughts on life about: me & my husband, home decor, travels, cooking, baking, weddings, being a Marine Corps spouse & fashion and other things that interest me!


Saturday, November 6, 2010

My First Blog

As I sit here and create my first blog, I have so many things to get done on the to-do list: make returns, organize wedding gifts, write 100 thank you notes, clean the apartment, make the chili I promised to make for dinner... but a little distraction can't hurt too much... can it?                                                                            
 
Ty and I got married 3 weeks ago yesterday. It's be one of the best experiences of my life, completely blissful. Being that we just got home from our honeymoon 3 days ago we haven't really gotten into the swing of "normal" married life. One of the first normal things we've encountered since being married was my cooking. Yesterday I decided to make chicken, potatoes and carrots in the crock pot. I have heard that you can't really mess up food in the crock pot. Well.. I did! The food was pretty bad and flavorless. If anyone has easy, simply, tasty recipes send them my way! :) Ty and I will appreciate it.

I am going to try my luck at this chili I said I'd make! Wish me luck!

two of my favorite pics from our honeymoon:

1 comment:

  1. Married life is a FULL adventure of food & dishes - just ask Fred about some of my "flops"... :)

    Here's a couple of my favorite - SUPER easy and yummy!!

    http://www.lundsandbyerlys.com/Recipes/Recipes/W/Wild-Rice-Soup.aspx
    (except I use diced chicken instead of ham and I omit the sherry)

    Here's another chicken one I tried the other day - YUMMY!!
    http://thecraftingchicks.com/2010/11/chicken-manicotti.html
    And you can cheat and get a rotisserie chicken to use instead of cooking it yourself.

    I hope you enjoy those - if you want more, just let me know! :)
    Enjoy Mrs. Kistner!! :)

    ReplyDelete